1. Choking
In a technology class last term the students were making key rings - year 8. A student was fidling with the metal ring that would be fitted at the end. The student kept putting it near his mouth and eventually swallowed it. The student began to choke and although I started to thump him on the back and sent another student to get a first aider I felt really upset that I didn't feel in control and was shaken after. The student was ok because the ring eventually got dislodged and flew out of his mouth. It was a frightening experience for the class as a whole and some of the girls were crying. It haunted me to think what might have happened and so I have since attended a first aid course. On reflection I feel that the conponents for the key rings should be given out when needed and not all at the begining of the lesson. Maybe the class teacher could have done more?
Studying starts 2006.
Glued to the computer again!
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment